Healthy Italian Recipes : Pasta Salad with Figs and Prosciutto - My Healthy Chef

All about good healthy food for healthy living

Friday, April 19, 2019

Healthy Italian Recipes : Pasta Salad with Figs and Prosciutto



#healthyfoodrecipes
I totally love cookbooks and have a gathering that traverses a wide exhibit of foods and subjects. They're my go-to motivation for all that you see on this blog. I've as of late been attempting to grow my choice of more advantageous cookbooks in the expectations that it will inspire me to carry on with a more beneficial way of life and get ready better dinners for my family. I appear to have innumerable cookbooks brimming with sugary prepared merchandise and rich sauces. However, as I get more established I end up attracted to lighter choices that will keep us healthy and spirits.

This formula is adjusted from The Stress Free Diabetes Kitchen. These formulas are extremely helpful for individuals searching for simple, sound weeknight supper choices. It was difficult to pick only one formula to get ready for this post however I settled on Pasta Salad with Figs and Prosciutto since I cherish those fixings. The way to solid cooking is to incorporate strong flavors that aren't loaded with fat, salt and sugar. I felt like this formula achieved that objective well, and it truly set aside no effort to plan. I realize you'll appreciate it as much as I did!

CourseMain Course
CuisineAmerican, Italian
KeywordPasta Salad with Figs
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Total Time15 minutes
Servings8 servings
Calories384

Ingredients

  • 1 pound bow tie pasta, cooked al dente
  • 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 4 ounces dried figs, stems removed and sliced in half
  • 3/4 cup shredded asiago cheese
  • 1 clove garlic, minced finely or mashed into a paste
  • pinch of kosher salt
  • ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced or chopped
  • 24 grape tomatoes

Instructions

  • Place pasta, prosciutto, figs and cheese together in a large salad bowl.
  • Whisk together the garlic, salt, pepper and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the oil until well blended.
  • Pour over the salad bowl and toss well. Add the basil and gently mix in. Top each serving with three tomatoes.
  • Serve chilled or at room temperature.

Notes

Shared with permission from The Stress Free Diabetes Kitchen by Barbara Seelig-Brown

Nutrition

Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 370mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 10% | Vitamin C: 8.8% | Calcium: 15.1% | Iron: 7.4%
Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions!

Recipe Troubleshooting

For help troubleshooting a recipe, please email me on my home page. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment